First Time Home Buyers
Congratulations on being a first-time homebuyer! Believe it or not, there is a right way and a wrong way to go about buying your first home. First, it is important to begin to ask yourself some important initial questions (for example: Am I ready, willing and able). Second, you will want to begin to arm yourself with information relative to your new home purchase (for example: what is my ideal type of home, location and timeframe for moving). And, lastly, it is imperative that you identify and partner with the right real estate agent. Below are some key initial steps, and key questions, that a first-time homebuyer in the Metro Phoenix real estate market should consider:
Preliminary Questions to Consider
You need to ask yourself some initial questions, to best help you (and your future real estate agent) move forward swiftly. Questions you will want to ask yourself:
- What is my motivation for purchasing a home?
- What is my ideal location?
- What am I looking for in my new home?
- What is my ideal move-in date?
- What are the current real estate market conditions?
- How familiar am I with the lending process?
- What do I need to know about the overall process (I.e., searching for a property, the purchase contract, title insurance and lending) to make me feel comfortable with moving forward?
- What expectations do I have in a real estate agent?
- How do I decide which loan officer to work with?
- What is my largest concern with buying my first home?
As a seasoned home buyer you already know how imperative it is that you secure the assistance of a licensed, seasoned and professional real estate agent. The local Metro Phoenix real estate market is ever-changing and therefore regularly encounters slight seasonal shifts related to buyer demand, seller inventory, price appreciation, home values and mortgage rates. These small shifts can greatly impact one of the most significant decisions affecting your family and finances – your next home. That is why partnering with a professional – a full time real estate practitioner – in the local Metro Phoenix market is paramount to a smooth and seamless move.
Selecting an Agent
It is important that you like, respect and trust your real estate agent. The good news is – it is your choice! You decide who you want to help you through this exciting process. Below are some questions you will want to ask the real estate agents you meet and interview:
- How long have you been selling real estate?
- What company do you work for?
- Are you a full-time or part-time real estate agent?
- What do you specialize in?
- What are your hours of operation?
- What can I expect when working with you (I.e., customer care, communication, follow-up and follow through)?
- What separates you from the competition?